Covered California is a new health insurance marketplace where you can apply for health plans. You may also qualify for tax credits to help pay your insurance premiums.
You can shop for health insurance online at www.coveredca.com or apply by phone at 1-800-300-1506.
- Covered California's open enrollment period is from October 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
- To start a health plan on January 1, 2014, apply before December 23, 2013.
- If you are uninsured, you can apply to Covered California before March 31, 2014, to avoid paying a tax penalty for not having insurance.
- Covered California's online tools make it easier to compare health plans and their costs. Go to Covered California's website to preview plans...
- All the health plans sold on Covered California will offer a complete set of benefits, called essential health benefits.
- There will be people in your community who can help you find a health plan and enroll in it. They are Covered California's Navigators and Assisters. Request enrollment assistance...
- Financial assistance to make health insurance more affordable will be available to people who qualify. Covered California is the only place where you can use new tax credits to help pay insurance premiums.
- If you have a small business, Covered California can help you shop for health plans for your employees. If you have fewer than 25 employees, you may qualify for federal tax credits.
For more information, visit www.coveredca.com.
ResourcesCovered California Fact Sheets