Covered California is a new health insurance marketplace where you can apply for health plans. You may also qualify for tax credits to help pay your insurance premiums.
You can shop for health insurance online at www.coveredca.com or apply by phone at 1-800-300-1506.
- Covered California's open enrollment period is November 15, 2014 - February 15, 2015.
- After an annual open enrollment period has ended, you may be able to qualify for a special enrollment period after certain life events. Qualifying events include the loss of health coverage through a job or the birth of a child.
- If you are eligible for Medi-Cal, you can sign up at any time of the year.
- Current Covered California enrollees have until the end of the renewal period on December 15, 2014 to make changes to their plan.
- Financial assistance to make health insurance more affordable is available to people who qualify. Covered California is the only place where you can use new tax credits to help pay insurance premiums.
- Covered California's online tools make it easier to compare health plans and their costs. Go to Covered California's website to preview plans...
- The health plans sold on Covered California offer a complete set of benefits, called essential health benefits.
- There are people in your community who can help you find and enroll in a health plan. They are Covered California's enrollment counselors and assisters. Request enrollment assistance...
- If you have a small business, Covered California can help you shop for health plans for your employees. If you have fewer than 25 employees, you may qualify for federal tax credits.
For more information, visit www.coveredca.com.
ResourcesCovered California Fact Sheets