Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Home > How to File a Complaint > HMO, PPO, and EPO Complaints

HMO, PPO, and EPO Complaints

If you have a problem or complaint about your health plan, you can contact the agency that oversees or regulates the plan. Ask the agency how to file an external appeal.


HMOs, some EPOs, and some Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPOs

Indemnity or fee-for-service plans and many PPOs


If you do not know where to go for help

It can be hard to figure out who oversees your health plan. If you aren't sure where to go for help, you can call the California Consumer Assistance Program toll-free at 1-888-466-2219 to find out the best course of action for you.


Health Plan Problems?

Call 1-888-466-2219

Find other resources...