Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Home > How to File a Complaint > Help from Local Organizations > Resources-Butte

Resources in Butte County

Toll-free phone numbers begin with 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, and 1-888. If you need a TTY and there is not one listed, you can call 7-1-1. If you have a speech disability, you can use the Speech-to-Speech Relay. Call 1-800-854-7784.


Health care programs and services

Butte County Department of Employment and Social Services - 1-877-410-8803
Medical assistance programs- Medi-Cal and CMSP 

Butte County Behavioral Health Services - 1-800-334-6622
530-891-2810 (24-Hour Crisis Line)
Mental health and alcohol and drug programs

Butte County Public Health Clinics
530-879-3665 (Chico) or 530-538-7341 (Oroville)
Chico and Oroville clinics


Help with health coverage issues

California Consumer Assistance Program
California Help Center - 1-888-466-2219 (free help in many languages or referral to a regional consumer assistance program)

HICAP (help with Medicare)
PASSAGES - 1-800-434-0222 or 530-898-6716

Health Consumer Alliance - Local Health Consumer Center
Legal Services of Northern California - 1-888-354-4474

County Veterans Service Office
Find the CVSO in your county - 1-844-737-8838 - (for help with veterans health benefits)


Also see the list of helplines and consumer assistance for statewide resources


List updated 3/27/2014

Health Plan Problems?

Call 1-888-466-2219

Find other resources...