Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Home > How to File a Complaint > Help from Local Organizations > Resources-El Dorado

Resources for El Dorado County

Toll-free phone numbers begin with 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, and 1-888. If you need a TTY and there is not one listed, you can call 7-1-1. If you have a speech disability, you can use the Speech-to-Speech Relay. Call 1-800-854-7784.


Health care programs and services

El Dorado County Department of Human Services
530-642-7300 (Placerville) or 530-573-3200 (South Lake Tahoe) 
Health care services information (Medi-Cal and CMSP)

El Dorado County Mental Health Division
1-800-929-1955 or 530-621-6290 (Placerville)
916-358-3555 ext.6290 (El Dorado Hills)
530-573-7970 (South Lake Tahoe) 
24-Hour Crisis Lines: 530-622-3345 (El Dorado Hills) or 530-544-2219 (South Lake Tahoe)
County mental health services information


Help with health coverage issues

California Consumer Assistance Program
California Help Center - 1-888-466-2219 (free help in many languages or referral to a regional consumer assistance program)

HICAP (help with Medicare)
Legal Services of Northern California - 1-800-434-0222 or 916-376-8915

Health Consumer Alliance- Local Health Consumer Center
Legal Services of Northern California - 1-888-354-4474

County Veterans Service Office
Find the CVSO in your county - 1-844-737-8838 - (for help with veterans health benefits)


Also see the list of helplines and consumer assistance for statewide resources


List updated 3/27/2014

Health Plan Problems?

Call 1-888-466-2219

Find other resources...