Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Home > How to File a Complaint > Help from Local Organizations > Resources-Kern

Resources for Kern County

Toll-free phone numbers begin with 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, and 1-888. If you need a TTY and there is not one listed, you can call 7-1-1. If you have a speech disability, you can use the Speech-to-Speech Relay. Call 1-800-854-7784.


Health care programs and services

Kern County Department of Human Services 
1-877-410-8812 (Department Customer Assistance Telecenter)
661-631-6807 (apply for Medi-Cal)
Department of Human Services website
Medi-Cal information

Kern County Mental Health Department - 1-800-991-5272
1-800-991-5272 or 661-868-8000 (24-Hour Crisis Line)
Mental Health Department website

Kern County Public Health Services Department
Clinic and lab services


Help with health coverage issues

California Consumer Assistance Program
California Help Center - 1-888-466-2219 (free help in many languages or referral to a regional consumer assistance program)

HICAP (help with Medicare)
County of Kern Area Agency on Aging - 1-800-434-0222 or 661-868-1061

Health Consumer Alliance - Local Health Consumer Center
Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance - 661-321-3982

County Veterans Service Office
Find the CVSO in your county - 1-844-737-8838 - (for help with veterans health benefits)


Also see the list of helplines and consumer assistance for statewide resources


List updated 3/27/2013​

Health Plan Problems?

Call 1-888-466-2219

Find other resources...