Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Home > How to File a Complaint > Help from Local Organizations > Resources-Placer

Resources for Placer County

Toll-free phone numbers begin with 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, and 1-888. If you need a TTY and there is not one listed, you can call 7-1-1. If you have a speech disability, you can use the Speech-to-Speech Relay. Call 1-800-854-7784.


Health care programs and services

Placer County Human Services Division - 1-888-385-5160
Medi-Cal, Medical Care Services Program and other Assistance programs 

Placer County Adult System of Care - Mental Health Services -1-888-886-5401 
1-888-886-5401 or 916-787-8860 (24-Hour Crisis Line - Adult Crisis Line & Protective Services Intake)
Adult mental health services
Adult System of Care brochure

Placer County Family and Children's Services
916-872-6549 or 1-866-293-1940 (24-Hour Line for children's mental health and protective services)
Children's mental health services 

Placer County Health and Human Services - Medical Clinics 
530-889-7215 (Auburn) and 530-546-1970 (Tahoe)


Help with health coverage issues

California Consumer Assistance Program
California Help Center - 1-888-466-2219 (free help in many languages or referral to a regional consumer assistance program)

HICAP (help with Medicare)
Legal Services of Northern California - 1-800-434-0222 or 916-376-8915

Health Consumer Alliance - Local Health Consumer Center
Legal Services of Northern California  1-888-354-4474

County Veterans Service Office
Find the CVSO in your county - 1-844-737-8838 - (for help with veterans health benefits)


Also see the list of helplines and consumer assistance for statewide resources


List updated 3/27/2014

Health Plan Problems?

Call 1-888-466-2219

Find other resources...