Home > Filing Complaints > Resource_Placer

​​​​​Resources for Placer County

Toll-free phone numbers begin with 1-800, 1-866, 1-877, and 1-888. If you need a TTY and there is not one listed, you can call 7-1-1. If you have a speech disability, you can use the Speech-to-Speech Relay. Call 1-800-854-7784.


Health care programs and services

Placer County Human Services Division – 1-888-385-5160
Medi-Cal, Medical Care Services Program and other Assistance programs

Placer County Adult System of Care – Mental Health Services -1-888-886-5401
1-888-886-5401 or 916-787-8860 (24-Hour Crisis Line – Adult Crisis Line & Protective Services Intake)
Adult mental health services

Placer County Family and Children’s Services

916-872-6549 or 1-866-293-1940 (24-Hour Line for children’s mental health and protective services)
Children’s mental health services

Placer County Health and Human Services – Medical Clinics
530-889-7215 (Auburn) and 530-546-1970 (Tahoe)

Help with health coverage issues

California Consumer Assistance Program
California Help Center – 1-888-466-2219 (free help in many languages or referral to a regional consumer assistance program)

HICAP (help with Medicare)
Legal Services of Northern California – 1-800-434-0222 or 916-376-8915

Health Consumer Alliance – Local Health Consumer Center
Legal Services of Northern California  1-888-354-4474

County Veterans Service Office
Find the CVSO in your county – 1-844-737-8838 – (for help with veterans health benefits)


Also see the list of helplines and consumer assistance for statewide resources.


Last updated 2/24/2020​